Position is located in Raleigh, NC
COMPAREX is looking for an experienced technical product manager who can drive the continued development of our managed service solutions. The ideal candidate has experience both in technology consulting and software development in big data science, data analytics or data prediction using common market standard technologies (e.g. Microsoft Machine Learning or Microsoft PowerBI).
- Take a consultative approach to finding the best solutions for your clients
- Enjoy translating benefits for your customers into product features and have expert presentation skills
- Have a deep understanding of, and experience with, software development
- Have a deep understanding of, and experience with, the concepts and the implementation of Bots and Machine Learning technologies
- Are able to understand the business requirements of a solution, translate those requirements into features and functions, and explain what to develop to the developers
- Experience with modern tools, mindsets and processes such as Scrum
The Technical Product Manager works closely with the business product management team and software development team to guide the technical development of our existing and new products. As a technical product manager, you define the detailed requirements for the development of software applications by our software development team.
- Continuous identification of market and customer requirements, as well as current trends and developments
- Act as the primary product management partner within the technical product team/software development team
- Create detailed product and functional specifications and release the development of new functionalities and releases
- Create and manage Product Backlog entries with the detailed description of the applications, features, or functionalities to be created by our software developers
- Define and track the acceptance criteria for the applications, features and functionalities created by our software developers
- Manage regular status meetings with the development team during the development process
- Create technical documentation, product descriptions, user manuals and release notes
- You and the entire software development team are responsible for quality and functionality for the defined target groups, and are responsible for final approval before each new software release
- Provide status reports to the product board, development management and other stakeholders
- Maintain alignment with Business Product Management
- Willing to travel approx. 20% of the time, both domestic and internationally
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, business administration, or comparable field; MBA preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in product management or consulting, and IT project management
- Software development experience preferred with experience in the development of Data Warehouses or in the field of data analytics
- Extensive experience with cloud environments and cloud-based technologies like Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS or Office 365
- Experience with common dashboard technology solutions (e.g. Microsoft PowerBI)
- Strong analytical and strategic skills
- Expert-level experience MS Office suite and very good presentation skills
- A high degree of self-initiative and motivation
- Product management certification (e.g. according to Open Product Management Workflow™) is an advantage
COMPAREX is a global cloud solutions and licensing provider with a 30 year history of partnering with medium-sized and enterprise organizations, nonprofits and public sector organizations worldwide.
The COMPAREX Group employs more than 2,450 people at over 80 locations in 35 countries across Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas. In fiscal year 2015/16 the COMPAREX Group generated (preliminary) revenue of €1.909 billion / $ 2.109 billion.
With their creativity and intelligence, our employees are essential to the success of COMPAREX. They have a passion for IT and are motivated, result-oriented individuals. We have an innovative work environment in which our employees can grow through personal development and reach their potential. We encourage life-long learning and support our employees’ desires for continued education. With COMPAREX, you gain interesting career development opportunities in an internationally active environment.